Friday 19 September 2008

Misc.

Misc stuff, to get away from harbours and airports for a bit...



I thought I'd try my hand at wildlife again. You're welcome to comment and tell me what type this one is..?






A new "muriel" to brighten up the Rice Bowl public toilets bunker - shame about the bin in the way...






.. so that's Bogs, Bins and Buses in two pics....








.. I wouldn't say Guernsey was ugly enough to look like the back of a bus or anything :)





The sun came out for a brief moment, I caught myself thinking the Esplanade actually looked quite promisingly attractive at last (I think it was just the relief to see sunlight again) and of course by the time I switched the camera on and focused... the light and colour was fading...



.. you'll just have to take my word for it that the colours really shone for some brief moments and this street didn't look quite the disaster I'd feared it might.






Good bye sunshine...







.. we see more of the moon these days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your butterfly looks like a tortoise shell variety to me
btw.
dont like the same car adverts poping up thro my popup blocker!

crapaudmatic said...

Thanks for the flutterby ID.

I'd better not tell you how easy it is to block the popups in case my 3rd party hits counter gets disabled (why blogger.com can't provide that for us themselves I do not know)
but it really is very simple!

Anonymous said...

Don't mean to rain on the parade, but I think the buttefly is more likely a Speckled Wood:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?ss=1&w=all&q=speckled+wood+butterfly&m=text

crapaudmatic said...

Thank-you jsyco, yes that seems like a good ID - wikipedia.org:Speckled_Wood

Nice.. I may have to keep an eye out for more butterflies and build up a collection :)