Sunday 7 September 2008

Albert Pierhead - part II


On the lower level, around behind a wall, a view back along the outer edge of the pier towards the unused space in front of the ferry terminal car park.







So let's head up the steps to the top level then.....






On top of the bunker, and looking towards La Collette...






.. right a bit towards the other pierhead...









.. and from farther right, dangling the camera out over the edge.








.. doing that a bit farther forwards shows the area below where todays's first pic was taken looking back this way.








Up here is some art installation of some description...







.. an old radio set for some unexplained reason.







Behind, the view back along the pier towards town...








.. closer, the Elizabeth Harbour ferry terminal.








A slightly more colourful shot to finish with, cranes on the New North Quay.

2 comments:

Like said...

I had an idea to do a Jersey photo blog a while ago but I am too lazy and too rubbish at photography. You, sir, may I call you Albert, are clearly not encumbered by any such failings, and in fact you are producing a fascinating body of work here. I like the style, very much the view of objective eyes ... I'm very glad I have discovered your site.

crapaudmatic said...

Thank you very much... although my name isn't Albert, or Piers either :)

I don't know whether to be surprised that no-one else is doing anything similar, because it's so easy to do... yet it does require a certain amount of nerdiness I suppose.

Thanks for commenting, cheers