- It helps if the area has been people-free for a good 15 mins.
- Mid afternoon has always been good for me, when the lizards are making the most of what sunlight is left...
- - especially on "sunny periods" days when the sunshine has been patchy
- Rustling noises are far more likely to be reptiles - mammals are long gone by the time you get near.
- Stand still for a while, wait and see what appears.
- They will be usually be near to some cover they can escape into.
- Move slowly and quietly, then you'll be able to get very close if careful.
- Approaching from the sun direction may help, but do keep your shadow away from startling them.
On the "dolphin spotting platform", right by my shoes.
Enjoying the view?
3 in 1 - I chose to focus on the middle one.
Here was the view from "Caesar's Fort".
Strange looking plant.