Saturday 23 August 2008

Distant Shores

I was so impressed with my zoom after taking a pic from a bunker near Victoria Tower where I could almost read a sign from the other side of Anne Port...






.. I thought I'd see how pics would turn out of distant coastlines.
Here beyond the Paternoster rocks is the little island of Jethou between Sark and Guernsey...







Wildly boosted contrast (it was hazy) - the east side of Sark, also taken from Ronez point.





Les Ecrehos from the castle green...







.. Wind turbines in France...








.. closer...






.. further along the Normandy coast, south a bit...




.. etc. Now I know what sort of magnified detail I can expect when we ever have a really clear day like one I remember a few years ago, before I had this camera. I keep waiting....

No comments: