Tuesday 27 April 2010

Trinity Parish Church



Here it is (map), in daffodil season.







Entering the doorway, at the west end, looking eastwards ahead to the altar...







.. and looking back - organ pipes unusually above the door. On the left there...





.. that rings a bell from somewhere.









Fishy cover on the font.







A side bit to the north...








.. looking over to...







.. the altar.








Very ornate.







Nice colourful window.




I don't know who Philippe De La Mare was, but that's not a bad memorial, appearance-wise. Where it fails miserably is in letting us know why he was important!

1 comment:

dottiebean said...

Oh wow! I don't know why I have never been inside this church (or if I have was too young to remember!) as all my relatives on my mothers side are buried there. In fact my parents are waiting to hear if they will get one of the sheltered flats in Trinity.