Monday 10 November 2008

West

Checkers & M&S at Red Houses, where the upstairs cafe is no longer allowed to make use of the balcony because of complaints from overlooked neighbours.







View from Mt a La Brune...







... over St.Ouen's Pond...








.. to L'Etacq in the heat haze.







I'll have to try it when there's less hot air around...







.. because extented zoom like this gets upset by the warm air.







All that ironmongery = runway Instrument Landing System aerials. And ubiquitous mobile phone masts too.







The road to the tower.







El Tico II under construction, beyond the sand pits.







From La Pulente...








.. closer...







.. on a Good Surf Day...








.. meaning the beach was popular...








.. with kite fliers too.





Whinge time... Blogger are really trying to make it hard to upload pics. Every time I find a quick way to upload, they change something and break my system. I used to be able to cut and paste filenames and manually change the numbers without going through the whole dialog, but now it brings up the dialog as soon as I click in the field.
If I want to upload a set in order I have to do it in batches of 5 in reverse order, which used to be like 11,12,13,14 then 6,7,8,9,10 then 1,2,3,4,5 .... but now it needs to be in reverse order within each 5! i.e. 14,13,12,11 then 10,9,8,7,6 then 5,4,3,2,1. It's very frustrating, particularly when I've split up a large set into two postings and the numbers aren't in a straight run.

So if I post less often, that one of the reasons why... amongst the lack of feedback and recent drop in visitor numbers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I drop by at least once a day! As for comments - well I think your work speaks for itself:) And you never get negative comments!
I am shocked that the balcony at the new shops at Red Houses cannot be used because of complaints....was this not spotted at the buliding stage?
Regardless of the Blog probs (& I have had a few as I keep the local RSPCA cat blog up to date!) & other things, PLEASE keep adding :) I adore your pix.....

crapaudmatic said...

Many thanks Dottie.
By way of thanks, my next set of pics answers your call elsewhere :)
Cheers!