Tuesday 30 August 2011

More graffiti - the Running Shoe Stencil

Just as I got bored waiting for more artworks from GF, something else has come along to give me something new to spot and collect :)





Starting from up at Rozel and heading clockwise around the coast...







.. at St. Catherine's...





.. and the Canoe Club - the only one I've seen that isn't on public property.

Still, they're not exactly huge, not horrendous damage, arguably quite hard to spot - so I don't find them too objectionable.


(It won't be long before the Pottery's sign will be gone)







Well, at least it could be painted over...







.. or scrubbed off...






.. but this one has damaged the previous artistic work a little.





I wonder if our tagging friend would have the spheroids to face these young ladies and explain why he felt he could add to their work?






At Green Island.






La Mare slipway.







.. and the nearby lighthouse bus stop.







At South Hill. I'll go looking around town and the west later on in the week...



Update - I've been out west and there are a couple on chevron roadsigns, but I couldn't stop and I've lost interest anyway :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I first saw this, but this isn't going to end well. I totally supported the GF art since it could be removed, but this is spray paint. It's also not as clever.

crapaudmatic said...

Yes, it's just tagging with only a little bit more artistic merit than sprayed handstyle - but only the roadsign ones really stand out and make the place look untidy. The ones discreetly on walls give the place a little interesting decoration IMHO :)